Director Finance (JOB ID: SBC/2020/703)
Accounting & Finance · Metro Vancouver, British Columbia
As Finance Director, you will be responsible for overseeing all finance-related activities, including: financial management reporting, control, treasury, internal audit, tax administration, budgeting, business development support and strategy support. You will be responsible for the financial management, guidance and compliance to support successful company operations and deliver exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders. Reporting to the CFO, the Finance Director supports ongoing profitable growth in a resource efficient fashion.
What will you do:
- Provide leadership in finance and across the organization; and is a true financial and executive contributor.
- Maintain the highest levels of ethics and integrity.
- Interpret and translate the financials into meaningful information and metrics that in turn enable the senior executive team to drive business decisions and growth.
- Enhance and maintain financial management systems, infrastructure and controls that support business growth.
- Is responsible for ensuring the ERP is aligned with producing meaningful, timely and efficient input, maintenance and production of financial information in a controlled manner.
- Oversee the maintenance of the Company’s capital structure and balance sheet, and supports the CEO and CFO, in ensuring Monark maintains access to the appropriate level of funding to support growth and changes in its business strategy.
- Provide strong oversight to accounting, tax, treasury and cash management.
- Continue to improve the timeliness of financial and management reporting and the quality of business and tax planning, budgeting and financial analysis;
- Oversee financial analyses of business operations and opportunities; spearhead the interpretation of operating results and the review of capital expenditures in relation to anticipated results.
- Oversee key personnel to ensure corporate-wide compliance with all financial standards, regulatory requirements and government reporting, ensuring financials meet IFRS standards etc.
- Is involved in portfolio rationalization and investment strategies including M&A and joint ventures.
What you should bring:
- A CPA in both Canada and US plus an undergraduate degree in finance, accounting or related discipline.
- Previous experience working with e-commerce (pharmaceutical industry is a plus).
- Finance experience working with both Canadian and US markets, preferably in the start-up environment.
- Must be seen externally as a highly skilled financial leader with demonstrated track record of success, in a well-respected company that is known for strong financial operations and performance.
- Experienced leadership with companies having undergone various phases of dynamic change and profitable growth.
- Experience from a business which has undergone organic growth as well as change/expansion through alliances, joint ventures and acquisitions.
- A creative approach to capital and credit management and a keen focus on the long term stability of the company.
- A track record of using financial and operational analysis to help operations and the broader organization improve business performance and profitability.
- Excellent communication skills earned through a broad based business background; and an affinity for working effectively across functions, business units and geographies.
Email your detailed resume with the JOB ID to firstname.lastname@example.org